Question by egulputt: schwinn bikes?
I have an old bike that I have no idea what it is. The rear hub says New Departure Model D. It has ape hanger bars and the rear tire has GTX-442 Tractor Grip, 20 x2.125, on it.
The serial number is 834439, and a banana seat that is white w/ flowers.
Any help or direction would be great.
Answer by mirageguitarworks
I can help you, but I need a little more info…
1) Are there any letters before the serial number? If so, what are they?
2) Are both wheels the same size (20″)?
3) On the Schwinn badge on the front of the bike, are there small numbers or letters stamped on it?
4) Is it a girls or boys bike? Color?
5) Look at the rims… where the spokes go in. Do the centers have a “knurled” pattern on them? This looks like a series of fine lines that run across the rim.
New Departure was a common coaster brake manufacturer
The rear tire is not original.
Give your answer to this question below!